Welcome to my kitchen!

A collection of recipes made by myself or my family. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Cheesy Chicken Rigatoni










This dish is sure to satisfy any carb or cheese cravings that one might have. I love anything pasta, so it made sense that my first post would be a pasta dish. This dish is super easy to make and takes less then an hour to make. It serves approximately 4, enjoy!

Preheat oven: 400degrees

Ingredients:

2 Chicken breasts
1/4 tsp Garlic salt
1/2 tsp Sea salt (regular salt can be used)
1/2 tsp Montreal chicken seasoning
1 tsp Crushed Rosemary
1/4 tsp Basil
1/4 tsp Black pepper
2 tbsp Olive oil
1/2 lb Rigatoni
1 Jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce(any kind will do)
1 cup Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup Cheddar or Colby-Jack

To make:

1)Heat oil in a large skillet on a med-low setting(on a gas stove I use 3)

2) Cut up Chicken into small pieces and add to the hot oil along with all the spices, cook until browned (no longer pink)

3)While the chicken is cooking boil a large pot of water for the pasta

4) Once the chicken is browned, add the Jar of sauce, cover and turn heat to low

5) Add pasta to boiling water and cook for approx. 15min. or until al dente

6)Drain pasta and place in a casserole dish

7) Add the chicken & sauce to the pasta and stir

8) Add the cup of Cheddar and mix

9) Smooth pasta down and top with the mozzarella cheese

10) Cook for 10-15min. in oven to allow the cheese to melt through

11) Serve and enjoy!









1 comment:

  1. Being the "official" taste-tester, I have to give this recipe a big thumbs up! I'm looking forward to leftovers tonight!

    ReplyDelete