Welcome to my kitchen!

A collection of recipes made by myself or my family. I hope you enjoy them as much as I have!

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Pink Stuff


When I was a little girl my family and I would spend our holidays at grandma's house. Just like every other family, there was something special about this time. Maybe it was the holiday's or being with family, but it is a time I cherished and still do to this day! It was at these get together's that our grandmother would make her special recipe of what she called "pink stuff".
I can remember those visits with fondness. I would run to her, give a big hug and then ask, "Did you make pink stuff grandma?" She would smile and nod.
"Yes I made the pink stuff".
I don't know where or how she came up with this recipe, but it is a definite keeper. Now, years later, I can't help but think of this wonderful dessert and how it had become a tradition with my family. My grandmother may have passed on, but her recipe still lives on and I will always remember her every time I make it. I hope you enjoy this simple pleasure as much as we have.

What you will need:

24oz Cottage cheese
8oz Cool whip (thawed not frozen)
1 Small box of Cherry Jello
20oz (2 10oz jars) Maraschino Cherries
1 cup Sugar


To Make:

In a large bowl Mix the cottage cheese and cool whip together. Add the the Jello and mix through. Next add the sugar and mix well. Drain cherries and remove stems. Cut in half and add to mixture, mixing through.
Note: do not make this will a mixer, make by hand.
Chill in refrigerator.



No comments:

Post a Comment